I often describe Rocky Road as Rice Krispie Cakes on steroids. Melted Chocolate coated goodies….what could be easier or yummier.
We’re in Covid-19 Lockdown, and we have a huge scarcity of some of the most basic ingredients for baking. When you get to the supermarket and find the flour and eggs shelves bare, but you’ve promised your Facebook Followers an easy to follow recipe, things start to get tricky.
Whilst I have plenty of both flour and eggs – bulk buying such items is the basics from a cake maker – I knew that many of those looking to make my recipe this week would struggle. So I went with a recipe that needed neither flour or eggs, and actually didn’t even include any baking.
Kids love making Rocky Road, ah, who am I kidding, everyone loves making Rocky Road. And whilst there is a recipe at the bottom of the page, it is in no way exhaustive. You can literally throw any of your sweet treat in the mix, make sure they’re covered in chocolate, and off you go!!
This was filmed for a Facebook Live on 02 April 2020, during Covid-19 Lockdown so ingredients are tight.
- 300 gms Dark or Milk Chocolate (or a mix of both)
- 100 gms Butter or Baking Spread
- 50 gms Golden Syrup
- 150 gms Broken Digestive Biscuits (or whatever you fancy)
- 50 gms Mini Marshmallow
- Anything you have left in the cupboard – chopped chocolate, honeycome, peanut butter chips, chocolate chips – whatever you fancy
- Melt together the Chocolate and Butter in the Microwave – heat on full in 20 second bursts, be careful not to burn it
- Mix in the Golden Syrup
- Crush the biscuits and add to the mix
- Mix in the Marshmallow and anything else you're adding
- Make sure everything is covered in the chocolate mix
- Pour into an 8" Brownie Tin and press down
- Chill for an hour before removing from the tin and cutting up